We strive to become the effective voice to the people that matter most to business. We gather insights into what customers and employees need and translate them into meaningful information. We believe that feedback is essential for progress at both an individual and company level. - To adapt and grow, listening to your employees and customers is fundamental.
What we do:
Netigate has built a powerful platform that allows users to tune into the voice of the customer and the voice of the employee. Feedback management is what we do best— it's in our DNA. Our headquarters are located in Stockholm but we are on the journey of expanding our hybrid or fully remote team to the rest of Sweden.
We are now looking for a Senior Backend or DevOps Engineer to spearhead the ongoing migration of the current, server-oriented .net/Windows platform towards a cloud-native event-driven platform.
The target architecture includes micro-services and serverless functions achieving a highly available and scalable service mesh, built around Kafka as a central service bus.
What we believe in:
• Empowering developers to take ownership of the product and processes. The “Eat your own dogfood” mantra. 😊
• Sometimes things break; When they do, we fix them and learn from them.
• Creativity and risk-taking in development, augmented by automated test, integrated pipelines, and top-notch observability.
What you will be doing:
• Design, develop, build and maintain backend services on our emerging next-gen platform, with a focus on high availability, stability, and resiliency.
• Be creative, pragmatic and take initiative on how to move services and functions from the current platform on the new, cloud-centric platform with minimal disruption to the users or the business
• Work closely with UX and Front-End team to design a cohesive, simple and enticing user experience for our customers
• Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by the team, making sure the applications are available 24/7 and don't mind fixing critical issues if they occur outside office hours, together with our SRE team.
• Minimum of 7-10 years of hands-on backend coding in distributed, scalable architectures.
• High proficiency in either .net/Core C# (currently) or Python, with a desire to step out of your comfort zone every now and then.
• You are comfortable running your services in a Linux domain or cloud environments.
• DevOps mindset and a high sense of ownership, you should not be afraid to dig into (and fix) someone else's code.
• You know and care about sound engineering practices and have experience in working on cloud platforms like Azure / AWS / GCP.
•You are currently located in Sweden.
Nice to have:
• Big plus if you have experience working with Kafka.
• High proficiency in SQL, experience with modern NoSQL databases is a plus.
• Experience with Kafka or GCP pub-sub or other event-driven bus architectures is a big plus.
What’s in it for you?
The atmosphere at Netigate is relaxed and encouraging. We are flexible, we trust you to work from where you want. We take initiative and act boldly. We value diversity, from different ages, gender, and backgrounds with colleagues from all over the world.
With a strong team spirit, we persistently work on things we believe in, communicating openly sharing both success and failures. Our work is meaningful for organizations, which is also evident in the commitment of our team.
Do you want to play a part in Netigate’s story? Then we think you should apply now.